The IE Writing Competition is open to all members of the Interior Educators national subject association and is for final year students of all undergraduate interiors and spatial programmes.
The award is for the most innovative, rigorous, comprehensive and well-researched, critically informed written dissertation, journal, essay, report of over 5,000 words in length.
Each member programme is required to one selected project summary of no more than 300 words to the competition. Deadline June 1st. A shortlist of 7 will be selected from which full projects will need to be submitted.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday 1st June at 12:00 noon. Awards will be announced at the IE show on awards night, Friday July 14th.
- Innovative project proposal
- Conceptually rigorous and sophisticated
- Advanced research integrated into narrative
- Well structured argument
- Communicated to a high standard
- Challenging conceptions of the discipline of the interior
• Professor Graeme Brooker, Head of Programme Interior Design Royal College of Art and author.
• Other judges TBC.